MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
TUESDAY, MAY 9, 2017 AT 7:00 P.M.
3110 OLD MCHENRY ROAD, LONG GROVE, ILLINOIS 60047
The Village Board will not proceed past 10:00 p.m. unless there is a consensus of the majority of the Village Trustees in attendance to do so. Those wishing to address the Village Board on an agenda item(s) may do so when the agenda item of interest is opened and prior to Board discussion.
Oath Of Office Of The Newly Elected Village Officials:Village Clerk Amy Johns Gayton;Village President Bill Jacob;Trustee Anne Kritzmire; Trustee Rita O’Connor; & Trustee Bobbie O’Reilly
CALL TO ORDER: Pledge Of Allegiance.
Declaration of Vacancy in Office of Trustee; Appointment and Approval of & Oath of Office of Newly Appointed Village Official: Trustee Chuck Nora (filling remainder of term of former Trustee Jacob)
VISITORS' BUSINESS: Homeowner Associations: Long Grove Woods–Marcia Marshall; White Oaks–David Bendoff.
Raffle License Applications: Rotary Race For Charity: Waiver Of Fee & Bond.
Neumann’s Cigars (Special Olympics): Waiver Of Fee & Bond.
Special Events & Signage: Downtown Events (2017):
Arts & Music Council Free Friday Movies & Sunday Concerts - July 26 - Aug. 30.
Annual Cars & Cigars – July 16 (12-4pm).
Lake County Sheriff's & Fire District’s Report.
1. Report Of The Plan Commission & Zoning Board Of Appeals (PCZBA) Meeting - May 2, 2017:
A. Zoning Map Amendment From County AG-Agricultural To Village R-3 Residential District (1-Acre, Minimum Lot Size 33,000 Sq. Ft.) And A Special Use Permit/Preliminary Planned Unit Development (PUD) Approval For The Unincorporated Property To Allow A 31 Lot Single Family Detached Residential PUD For The Unincorporated Vacant Property Totaling 38.17 Acres (Located At The NW Corner Of Old Hicks & Checker Roads (Pins #1436100004; 1436100003). The Gross Site Density Is 1.24 Acres Per Lot And The Net Site Density (Excluding 50% Of Wetlands) Is 0.95 Acres Per Lot. The Application Requires The Following Relief: (1) Text Amendment From The Minimum Lot Size. The Proposed Minimum Lot Sizes Of 11,000 To 16,000 Sq. Ft. Requires A Text Amendment From The Minimum 43,560 Sq. Ft. (1-Acre) Lot Size; and
(2) Setback Relief. Minimum Front Yard Setback = 50’, Requesting Approval Of 30’. Minimum Side Yard Setback = 30’, Requesting Approval Of 12’. The Development Is To Be Known As Deer Trail Subdivision, Swanson Development, LLC. The Property Located Immediately North Of The Karen’s Corner Subdivision And Is Commonly Known As The Archdiocese And Rodriguez Properties. (No recommendation by PCZBA, tied vote 3-3, 1 abstention) Will Be Continued at the Request of Petitioner to the May 23, 2017 Board Mtg.
B. Zoning Map Amendment From County AG-Agricultural To Village R-3 Residential District (1-Acre, Minimum Lot Size 33,000 Sq. Ft), And A Special Use Permit/Preliminary Planned Unit Development (PUD) For The Unincorporated Property To Allow For Amendment Of The Previous Preliminary PUD Approval From An 18 Unit R-2 (2-Acre) Single Family Detached Residential PUD To A 29 Unit R-3 (1-Acre) PUD To Develop As Phases I & II For The Unincorporated Vacant Property Totaling 34.4 Acres (Located At The NW Corner Of Old Hicks & Checker Roads (Pins #1436300039; 1436300038; 1436300003). The Gross Site Density Is 1.2 Acres Per Lot And The Net Site Density (Excluding 50% Of Wetlands) Is 1.09 Acres Per Lot. The Proposed Lot Sizes Range From 33,012 to 79,068 Sq. Ft. The Application Requires The Following Relief: (1) Minimum Lot Size. The Proposed Minimum Lot Sizes Of 33,000 Sq. Ft. Requires Relief From The Minimum 43,560 (1-Acre) Lot Size. The Development Is To Be Known As Karen’s Corner Subdivision, Fidelity Wes, LLC. The Property Located Immediately South Of The Deer Trail Subdivision And Is Commonly Known As The Iverson Property. (Recommendation for approval by PCZBA, vote 7-0)
C. Text Amendment(s) To The Village Code For The Village Of Long Grove, Title 5, Zoning Regulations, Including Without Limitation Modifications To Chapter 3, Residential Districts, And Chapter 11, Zoning Administration And Enforcement To Allow For The Creation Of A New Zoning District And/Or Special Use And Planned Unit Development Standards And Procedures To Provide For Conservation Oriented, Cluster Type Residential Developments And Modification Of Other Regulations As Required To Accommodate Such Developments Within The Village Of Long Grove, Illinois. (Continued To The June 6th PCZBA Mtg.)
2. Consideration Of A Resolution Awarding A Bid To Copenhaver Construction, Inc. For The Three Lakes Drive Stormwater Improvements In The Total Amount Of $50,995.60. (Res. #2017-R-17) The project consists of adding risers to the existing stormwater culvert located under Three Lakes Drive. The Village obtained a SIRF Grant through Lake County that will reimburse the Village for up to 50% of the total project cost.
3. Consideration Of A Resolution Approving The First Reduction In The Amount Of The Letter Of Credit For Harborchase of Long Grove From $1,587,590.95 To $690,885.05. (Res. #2017-R-18).
4. Consideration of a Resolution Updating Signature Cards With Various Financial Institutions (Baxter Credit Union, Illinois Metropolitan Investment Fund, UBS, BMO Harris & Amalgamated. (Res. #2017-R-19)
5. Village President Jacob – Administration & Legislation.
A. Village Board Goals Setting Workshop - Scheduling.
B. Village Property Maintenance, Building & Fire Code Enforcement – Annual Business Inspection Proposal From B&F Inspectional Services.
C. Marketing The Village Of Long Grove.
6. Village Trustee Borys - Finance.
A. Treasurer’s Report For April 30, 2017 As Reported On May 9, 2017.
B. Actual & Budget Comparisons For The Period Ending April 30, 2017.
C. Fiscal Year End 2016-17 Transfers Of Unspent Capital Funds To The Capital Project Improvement Fund.
7. Village Trustee O’Connor - Roads, Bridges & Pathways.
8. Village Trustee O’Reilly - Economic Development & Environmental Concerns.
9. Village Trustee Nora - Building, Water & Sewer.
A. Monthly Building Department Report – April 2017.
B. Request For Waiver or Reduction In Building Permit Fees For The New Stage/Shelter On Towner Green – LGAMC.
10. Village Trustee Kritzmire - Security, Sustainability & Communications.
Ø Village Newsletter & Communications.
11. Village Trustee Sarlitto - Planning & Zoning.
12. Village Clerk Gayton.
13. Village Manager Lothspeich.
14. Village Planner Hogue.
15. Village Engineer Perry.
A. N. Krueger Road – Update.
B. Robert Parker Coffin Covered Bridge – Update.
C. Northwest Water Commission Watermain (Aptakisic & Arlington Heights Road) – Update.
16. Village Attorney Filippini.
17. Approval Of Board Meeting Minutes: April 25, 2017.
ADJOURNMENT. Next Regular Meeting: May 23, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.