MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
TUESDAY, AUGUST 8, 2017 AT 7:00 P.M.
3110 OLD MCHENRY (VILLAGE HALL), LONG GROVE, IL.
The Village Board will not proceed past 10:00 p.m. unless there is a consensus of the majority of the Village Trustees in attendance to do so. Those wishing to address the Village Board on an agenda item(s) may do so when the agenda item of interest is opened and prior to Board discussion.
CALL TO ORDER: Pledge Of Allegiance.
Service Recognition Awards: Comprehensive. Plan Steering Committee Members: Mike Sarlitto; Fred Phillips; Ryan Messner; Rachel Perkal; Jane Wittig; Bobbie O’Reilly; Georgia Cawley; Matt Potempa and Tyler Somlo.
Homeowner Associations:Burr Oak/Oak Hills – Don Silich; Stonehaven – John Lounds Willowbrook Woods – Mark Challenger.
Lake County Sheriff’s & Fire District’s Reports.
1. Review/Discuss & Potential Action Regarding The Village Board Of Trustee Vote On July 25, 2017 On The Swanson LLC/Deer Trail Proposed Development: Re: PCZBA Meeting – July 18, 2017:
Ø Zoning Map Amendment From County AG-Agricultural To Village R-3 Residential District (1-Acre, Minimum Lot Size 33,000 Sq. Ft.) And A Special Use Permit/Preliminary Planned Unit Development (PUD) Approval For The Unincorporated Property To Allow A 31 Lot Single Family Detached Residential PUD For The Unincorporated Vacant Property Totaling 38.17 Acres (Located At The NW Corner Of Old Hicks & Checker Roads (Pins #1436100004; 1436100003). The Gross Site Density Is 1.24 Acres Per Lot And The Net Site Density (Excluding 50% Of Wetlands) Is 0.95 Acres Per Lot. The Application Requires The Following Relief: (1) Text Amendment From The Minimum Lot Size. The Proposed Minimum Lot Sizes Of 11,000 To 16,000 Sq. Ft. Requires A Text Amendment From The Minimum 43,560 Sq. Ft. (1-Acre) Lot Size; and (2) Setback Relief. Minimum Front Yard Setback = 50’, Requesting Approval Of 30’. Minimum Side Yard Setback = 30’, Requesting Approval Of 12’. The Development Is To Be Known As Deer Trail Subdivision, Swanson Development, LLC. The Property Located Immediately North Of The Karen’s Corner Subdivision And Is Commonly Known As The Archdiocese And Rodriguez Properties.
2. Consideration Of A Resolution Authorizing Amendment(s) To The 2015 Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) With The Village Of Buffalo Grove For Shared Code Enforcement & Adjudication Services. (Res. #2017-R-27) The amendments will expand these services to include commercial properties.
3. Consideration Of A Resolution Approving Property Tax and Sales Tax 50/50 Rebate Agreements With Metro North Inc. & Birdy Bros. LLC For The Fred Astaire Long Grove Dance Studio On Lot #1 Of The Red Oaks Subdivision, Located At 340 Old McHenry Road (Res.#2017-R-28)
4. Consideration Of An Ordinance Repealing & Establishing Corrected Prevailing Wages (Ord. #2017-O-10). Replacing ordinance 2017-O-07 approved on June 13, 2017.
5. Village President Jacob – Administration & Legislation.
A. Village Board Strategic Planning Workshop, Draft Village Board Goals - Review.
B. Village Educational Topics – Discussion.
6. Village Trustee Borawski – Security & Sustainability.
7. Village Trustee Kritzmire – Finance & Communications.
A. Treasurer’s Report For July 31, 2017 As Reported On August 8, 2017.
B. Actual & Budget Comparisons For The Period Ending July 31, 2017.
C. Village Newsletter & Communications.
8. Village Trustee Nora - Building, Water & Sewer.
Ø Monthly Building Department Report – July 2017.
9. Village Trustee O’Connor - Roads, Bridges & Pathways.
10. Village Trustee O’Reilly - Economic Development & Environmental Concerns.
11. Village Trustee Sarlitto - Planning & Zoning.
Ø Upcoming Plan Commission Meeting Re: Public Hearing Draft Comprehensive Plan Updates – Aug. 15, 2017.
12. Village Clerk Gayton.
13. Village Manager Lothspeich.
14. Village Planner Hogue.
15. Village Engineer Perry.
A. N. Krueger Road – July 13th Informational Meeting Public Comment Period Ended August 4, 2017.
B. Northwest Water Commission Watermain (Aptakisic & Arlington Heights Road) – Update.
16. Village Attorney Filippini.
17. Approval Of Board Meeting Minutes: June 27, 2017, & July 18, 2017.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: Probable or Imminent Potential Litigation Matters [5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11)].
18. Consideration Of Action Regarding Executive Session Discussion.
OTHER BUSINESS: Approval Of Executive Session Meeting Minutes: June 27, 2017 & July 18, 2017.
ADJOURNMENT. Next Regular Village Board Meetings: August 22, 2017 & September 12, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.